A must-have reference with thousands of acronyms and abbreviations from all medical specialties, Dorland's Dictionary of Medical Acronyms and Abbreviations lets you easily decode both common and rare medical terminology.
It features an alphabetical arrangement to find any abbreviation, as well as a special section with extensive coverage of symbols of all kinds. Abbreviations on the JCAHO "Do not use" list are clearly identified while the dictionary is ideal for medical transcriptionists, students, and health professionals at all stages of their careers.
Also includes advanced search tools and features that have become the staple of quality reference apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPERS:
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.